Introduction to Lean
Training on Demand :
To indicate your interest so that we can adapt our program
adapt our schedule or to request a private session.
Lean values, principles and practices help you focus on the value creation cycle. So let’s focus on delivering fast, sustainable, reliable increments of business and value to your customers. Too often, organizations adopt Agile approaches without having an understanding of the foundations of Lean and therefore fail to achieve the benefits sought from adopting Agile approaches such as the Scrum framework.
Lean systems thinking can better guide the transformation of an organization towards enterprise agility. It allows to examine the whole system as well as the whole value creation cycles and not only to focus only on the optimization of the development teams.
To achieve this, Lean uses concepts such as having a systems view, eliminating waste in your processes, workflow visibility, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of managers in a Lean-Agile context.
This training day teaches you how to create an environment to achieve agility within your teams while working towards the rapid realization of value using Lean thinking. Games, simulations and group discussions reinforce learned practices.
Once completed, you will be able to:
- Master the basics of Lean: attention to structure, time and education.
- Learn the principles of Lean necessary for any successful organization.
- Carry out a value stream mapping exercise in your context.
- Learn the timing aspect of Lean and how to optimize your value creation cycle as a whole.
- Discover what the value chain of an effective organization looks like.
- Discuss the role of leadership and its effects on culture.
- Describe how to use the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) approach to continuous improvement.
Who is this training for?
- This training is non-technical and is intended for Team Leaders and Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Project Managers and beginning team members who wish to understand the foundations of Lean that are necessary to optimize any Agile team.
- Anyone who wants to improve their Team Lead or Scrum Master skills in order to lead a team in a company.
- Anyone who currently occupies a leadership or project management role within an agile team.
- Getting started on the right foot in adopting the Lean-Agile approach
Options and logistics
- This 1-day training can be given in the form of 2 half-days spread over 2 weeks. This allows participants time to integrate the concepts between sessions, to identify their questions and better put into practice what they have learned.
- Public : See our calendar
- Privée : Contact us
This training is part of the initial journey of adopting Lean-Agile practices and can be combined with training Introduction to Agile.
All participants have secure access to our online training platform which supports participant development.